BEST HANOI STREET FOOD TOUR WITH LOCAL GUIDES
Food Tour HIGHLIGHTS
Let’ see what you can get from our tour!
- Enjoy the real local street foods (7-9 Different Dishes)
- Enthusiastic and friendly local guides
- Learn how to grab food, how to make food like a local
- Relax and have fun with locals by sharing local tips
- Reasonably customizing your tour
- Picking up – Dropping off
Notice us in the booking form if you are in case of above notes
Food Tour INFORMATION:
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Starting time: 17:30
- Transportation: Walking, or Taxi
- Language: English
- Pick-up, Drop off: Your hotel
- Price: $18/Pax
|We pick you up at your hotel or hostel punctually|
|We spend 5 minutes discussing about food allergies, vegetarian and the tour’s itinerary|
Discover Hanoi Street Food
Bun Cha (Rice Noodle with Grilled Pork), Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwiches), Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancako), Ca Phe Trung (Egg Coffee), Bun Rieu Cua (Crab Soup Noodle), Pho (Noodle Soup), Banh Cuon (Stuffed Pancake/Steamed rolled rice pancake),
|Wander around Hoan Kiem Lake|
|We take you come back to your hotel or hostel|
Let’s see what you’re gonna try in this Food Tour!
1. Bun Cha (Rice Noodle with Grilled Pork)
Wanna try the food that the Former President of US – Barack Obama tasted during his visit in Hanoi? Bun Cha is what I’m talking about!
Bun cha is served with grilled fatty pork over a plate of white rice noodle and herbs with a dish of dipping sauce.
2. Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwiches)
Do you know Banh Mi is a Vietnamese word that was officially appeared in the English Dictionary of Oxford in 2011 and the American Heritage Dictionary in 2014?
Yes, going on a Street Food Tour with us means you will be taken to the best place to crave for this food.
3. Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Pancako)
This interesting food was named after its “sizzle” cooking sound.
It is an essential must-try in the world of Vietnamese cuisine. The dish actually varies depending on your location in Vietnam, which gives you an unarguable excuse to try it more than once.
Its harmony taste will make you never get enough of it!
4. Egg Coffee
Coffee made from Egg? No way!
This seems the most curious drink that makes tourists as well as locals want to try. The beverage is made from egg yolk, Vietnamese coffee powder, condensed milk and cheese. These ingredients may sound weird for a coffee related beverage but don’t worry, it doesn’t taste sickly or eggy but brings the taste of surprisingly light and sweet vanilla.
5. Bun Rieu Cua (Crab Noodle Soup)
It’s quite a Vietnamese version of crab cakes but in soup! Some cooks like crab mixture more appeared, almost like a patty. Fresh herbs are added to the soup such as split water spinach stems, shredded banana flower, kinh gioi (marjoram), spearmint, perilla, bean sprouts and Cha Chay (vegetarian sausage).
6. Nem (Spring Roll)
Do you want to try Nem – the food once known as must-have food on Tet Holiday (The traditional occasion based on Lunar Calendar)?
Go with us to try Nem. This is a dish that can be served all year round, and present in almost every menu of Vietnamese restaurant abroad: A dish that is so famous that many locals of Vietnam assume it as their own specialty and give it their own name such as: “Nem Ran” by northerners and “Cha Gio” by southerners.
7. Pho (Noodle Soup)
This must be a food that most tourists seem to have already heard about it before visiting Vietnam.
The steaming hot broth made from meat bones simmered for hours is severed with rice noodles (banh pho) and slices of tender juicy beef or chicken. A perfect bowl of Pho would be some green onions and herbs on top with 2-3 lime drops for a taste of harmony in the morning.
8. Banh Cuon (Stuffed Pancake/Steamed Rolled Rice Pancake)
The food looks so good right? Are you craving for it?
Hanoi Street Food Tour is made to take you to the best place for Banh Cuon.
It is the most suitable dish to soothe the hunger of the cold weather. Banh Cuon are popular dishes are often processed simply but require the ingenuity of the maker.
For years, Banh Cuon has never stop to let diners down. When people need something light, delicate yet flavorful, Banh Cuon is a must-have in a Menu.
9. Xoi (Sticky Rice)
Are you craving for one of the most popular local food by Hanoians?
It is difficult to have any dish that has more flavor than Xoi. It is fast food, snacks, breakfast; This is an indispensable dish for formal occasions such as offering treats to grandparents, cradles for children, anniversary of death.
There you go!
Go with us in order not to miss this mouthwatering food!
So, do you get hungry now?
Hesitate no more! Let your Street Food Tour begin with us!
- If you are a vegetarian, or you are allergic to something, just notice our guides, they will help you to have a suitable menu for this adventure.
- When you book a tour, usually our guides take you to the places listed. Your tour can be customized according to your request, time and the distance starting from your hotel.
- “Who you are” is not a matter for us, but this can enhance a lot your experience of the street food tour. The more the merrier, but the big groups might just suitable when you’re sitting at table, have the taste of food, and listen to the guide to tell you about the foods, stories about food stalls, food recipes. It is not only a burden for the guide, it is also hard for you to listen to the information about the Old Quarter, and the constructions around. Moreover, the more the customers from separate groups, the more time for guides to pick you up or meet.
- If you are not a person who easily gets well on a large number of people, you can book with us – Hanoi Free Local Tours – for a private street food tour for your small group, or even only you. Our guide will go to your hotel and pick you up at your lobby to go on an amazing adventure.
We are here to help you with any information you need.
Follow the WhatsApp Number and Email Address to have more detail about your tour, time arrangement, picking up, dropping off or customizing places you want to go. Or simply, contact us in the chat box popping up in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Hanoi Street Food Tour Tripsadvisor
Thank you very much Nguyet Giang for your work! We had amazing dinner experience and tried exotic and delicious vietnamese specials:from famous Pho to wonderful coffee. It was really exciting to visit markets and small hidden cafes with the local, highly recommend!
@Jochem V: Food Tour!!
We had the luck that Linh was our guide. She took us all around the city to show us all the flavours of Hanoi. Her knowledge is enormous and she learned us all the traditions and meanings of the Vietnamese lifestyle. We could ask her any question that we had! I can really recommend her to have a tastefull and informative evening! Thank you very much Linh!
@TrevorC: Food tour with Anh and Linh
The tour was really amazing, we got to try a lot of different street foods. Anh and Linh were really and enthusiastic. They asked whether we would like to try the food and told us very interesting stories about Hanoi. I would definitely recommend the tour!
Don’t forget to check our other tours: