Looking for a tour that satisfies your desire for exploring the city?
Hanoi Free City Tour guides you through the central Hanoi area. Our guide will tell you interesting stories from then and now – it’s a great overall tour and the perfect way to get to know this beautiful city!
- Truly experience the real Hanoi with locals
- A local partner who really knows the city
- Save time and money (Only pay for the transportation, tickets during the tour)
- Customizable tour
- 80% Travelers choose Free City Tours (Including many destinations that will be much more interesting with local guides)
CITY TOUR INFORMATION:
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Starting time: Half day 1: 8:30 -12:00
- Pick-up, Drop off: Your hotel
- Transportation: Taxi or Private Car (Recommended, more destinations, save time especially for Group Travel)
- Language: English
- Price: Free
Our tours are free, you only need to pay for the taxi, tickets, foods the tours. Besides, we would love to have your feedback and review in 6 hours after the tours,
- Feedback form will be sent to you via Email after the tour and this process may take you 2 – 3 minutes, but Please, please agree to do it. This is very important to improve our services, continue run the organization
City Tour Guides: English Speaking Local University Students
- Well-trained Local Guides. (fluent in English, knowledgeable in Hanoi culture and history)
- Friendly, local university students
- By their knowledge about the region, their willingness to help foreign friends, you will never feel lost in this crowded city.
- Then take a taxi to Ho Chi Minh Complex
- Take a taxi to Temple of Literature, the first National University of Vietnam
- Then take a walk to Ho Chi Minh Complex
- Ho Chi Minh Mausolem (Not going inside)
- Ho Chi Minh Museum (Not going inside)
- One Pillar Pagoda
- If we have time, we will visit West Lake and Tran Quoc Pagoda
- We take you back to your hotel/hostel
Hanoi City Tour Introduction:[
Going around the main destinations of the capital like Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Temple of Literature, West Lake. with a free local guide is a best choice for ones who would like to know more about the city, especially travelers.
1. Ho Chi Minh Complex
The First place of the Complex is Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum where we spend a lot of time visiting compared to other attractions in the tour. The place was modeled on Lenin’s mausoleum in Russia and built as a resting place of Ho Chi Minh – our greatest President. According to many tourists, it’s is an impressive sight and worth the trip just to see another side of Vietnam.
The place is not very crowded and you will have a chance to see the “Changing of the Guard” as its a nice activity to witness.
Next, we move to visit Ho Chi Minh Museum where Ho Chi Minh’s life story is told. After that, we went to see Ho Chi Minh’ s House on Stilts which was a place for Ho Chi Minh to live his life peacefully. Then, we will take you to One Pillar Pagoda which is well known as an unique architectural and cultural work of Vietnam.
2. Temple of Literature ( 1 hour and a half)
Our City Tour reaches the last stop with a place often cited as one of Hanoi’s most picturesque tourist attractions
Originally built as a university in 1070 dedicated to Confucius, scholars and sages, the building is extremely well preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture. No Vietnamese does not know Temple of Literature – the symbol of education. Especially, in exam season, it is Must-go place for students and their parents to go with a view to passing the exam with flying colors. Besides, there has a variety of ancient sirtes such as doctoral steles, pavilions and passageways that you only see here.
3. Tran Quoc Pagoda – West Lake
Being like a green island lying on the West Lake, Tran Quoc Pagoda is considered as one of the most sacred Buddhist places not only by the terrain, but also by the history associated with the nation, with the Buddha of Thang Long – Hanoi. Those who came to visit were surprised by the quiet space, the poetic beauty of a “lotus” floating on the surface of West Lake. It is no coincidence that this place is covered by many pages of foreign newspapers with countless beautiful words.
4. Hoa Lo Prison
The next destination is Hoa Lo Prison, a political Prison during the war between Vietnam and France, and Vietnam with America.
Hanoi City Tour Tripadvisor
@write2mimi: Great Tour
We had a wonderful tour with Hanoi’s free tour service. Yes, it’s actually free. Our awesome guide Gha (Jenny) and the guide in training Linh (both local college students) were amazing. They picked us up at the hotel and guided us through the old quarters. They were informative and really friendly. At the end, they took us to a coffee place to have some egg coffee and gave us suggestions for local food places. I definitely recommend taking this tour.
@ArthurBowns: “Thuy an was a star!”
Thuy an was very knowledgable about vietnams traditions and life. Her English was excellent and she was super smiley and happy to answer all our questions and practice her English. Very impressed with Hanoi free tours being able to ‘pull the rabbit out of the hat’ and find thuy an in the space of an hour after our request email. That was a lovely surprise and I’m so glad we explored the area with thuy an. I would thoroughly recommend Hanoi free tours to anyone and you’d be particularly lucky if you were partnered with thuy an. Fabulous afternoon.
Hanoi City Tour Cost – Price
You will pay for tickets, transportation.