If you are in Ha Noi and want to have a different experience to explore the Viet Nam’s capital, I think our Ha Noi Street Food Tour online is very useful for you. I think you may know that Ha Noi has many delicious dishes and each dish has many kinds of it. However, you have only a limited amount of time; can you enjoy all best dishes? Don’t worry because we have a list of top 10 dishes to try in Ha Noi. The top 10 street foods will make you become a real Hanoians. The only one question you should ask yourself is “Hey stomach, are you ready?” I hope so.
CRAB NOODLE SOUP
- About: i think every Vietnamese has the same opinion that “ Crab noodle soup that is so delicious that it very popular with the locals.” It has a light and natural sweet that make it different from all kinds of food you have ever tried before. Moreover, it is very good for your health because there are a perfect mixture of protein., vegetables and noodles. Thus, there is no need for you to worry about gaining your
- What are included: the soup has many ingredients basing on regional culture. However, some elements are common in all regions.
- What are servered accompanying: Vietnamese have habit of eating vegetables with soup. For crab noodles soup, they often choose: fresh lettuces, coriander leaves or onion leaves. Even if, they eat soup with “ quay” (a dish made of potatoes) or tofu.
- Where to eat in Hanoi: top 4 the most famous places
– Address: 42th Hoa Ma Street, Hai Ba Trung, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: Crab noodles soups are very big which full of crab’s meat, beef and yellow- fried- tofu. The serving attitude is very high so you can enjoy your
– Price: 30000 VND – 55.000
2. Mrs Teo
– Address: 104 C6 To Hieu, Nghia tam. Cau Giay, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: the soup is colorful of many kinds of elements. Especially, the vegetables eating accompanying is very delicious. The place is very crowded in the noon and in the evening.
– Price : 30.000 VND
3. Nguyen Sieu Street.
– Address: 32th Nguyen Sieu, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: although it is quite narrow, it is always full of people. The broth is mixed of much taste but it is still keep its original one.
– Opening time: 6AM -6 PM
– Price: 000 VND – 45.000VND
VERMICELLI & TOFU WITH SHRIMP PASTE- THE WEIRD FOOD OF WHAT TO EAT IN HANOI
- About: it is one of the strangest dishes you have ever tried but I think you may be surprised but its taste. The first time you see the dish, I guess you may hesitate of trying because of its smell but it is the dish that you should not miss.
- What are included: fried tofu, fishcakes, pork and tightly compressed vermicelli noodles “patties” cut into cubes. These elements are eaten dipped into a shrimp paste. It is a special seasoning of Vietnamese. It is very strange taste but be aware of eating too much may bother you stomach.
- What are servered accompanying fresh herbs, pork.
- Where to eat in Hanoi:
1) Hang Khay :
– Address: 31th Hang Khay, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: it is the most famous place for people who want to enjoy bun dau mam tom. You may be surprised by its crowd. It proves the attractions of the place.
– Opening time: 10h30 am – 19 pm
– Price: 45.000 VND
2 ) Cay Bang, Dai La Street:
– Address: Cay Bang, Dai La street, Hai Ba Trung, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: people choose the place because of many reasons but the most important one is its delicious taste. Therefore, in high times, you many have to wait about for 15 minutes to 20 minutes to have the dish on your own.
– Opening time: 10am – 14pm
– Price: 000 VND
STIR FRIED NOODLE-SPECIAL NOODLE OF WHAT TO EAT IN HANOI
- About: If you are bored with beef pho or chicken pho , stir fried noodles is one kind of pho that you should not miss. The rice noodles are worked fried with greens and meat.
- What are included: noodles, vegetables, beef and onion leaves.
- Where to eat:
1) Bat Dan:
– Address: 45 Bat Dan, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
It is opened may years ago but until now, there are different opinions about its taste. For some people, they think the dish is hardly eatable. However, for most people, the dish’s taste is very unique. The sweet and salty sauce is the most special taste that nowhere in Ha Noi has. That why there are people being addicted to the dish.
– Opening time: 08:00 Am – 11:Pm
– Price : 30.000 VND- 66.000 VND
2) Hang Buom
– Address: 11th Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
– Review: the dish is not only fried well done but also its high quality beef that make you never forget. Thus, since about 7 pm, the place is crowed until late.
– Opening time: 06:00pm – 03:30 pm
– Price: 50.000- 110.000
FALE DOG MEAT (BUN GIA CAY)
- About: are you wondering about its name? False or real? You are far from alone . Most of people are also not sure about it. In fact, I can make sure that it is false. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about trying it at least one time because you love it may be. In winter, enjoying the dish is not the bad choice to dispel cold.
- What are included: pork, galangal, shrimp paste and mẻ ( a kind of seasoning made of rice fermented).
- What are servered accompanying :noodles, savory nature and lemongrass
- Where to eat: according to Foody.vn and Lozi.vn – two best of voted attracting places websites In Viet Nam, places below are recommended:
1) Kim Lien
– Address: between the C6 and C9 dormitory, Kim Lien, Dong Da, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: the place is clean. Noodles are white and tough. Pork is well done but soft enough. In addition, good serving and cheap price is plus mark for this place
However, you should notice on its address because it is quite hard to find the place. You go to the 132th house in Phuong Mai Street. Then, you will see a large alley opposing you. Going in the alley, you are arrived in the place. One recommend for you, don’t be the guest after 1 pm or you are nothing to order.
– Opening time: 07 Am- 10. Pm
– Price: 20.000- 35.000 VND
2) Vu Pham Ham
– Address: walking side Vu Pham Ham Street, Cau Giay, Ha Noi
– Reviews: opened in walking side, the place is quite clean. The dish is very good, especially greasy broth.
– Opening time: 6 Am- 11 Am
– Price 25.000 – 33.000 VND
SPRING ROLLS (BUN NEM)
- About: bun nem is another attracting dish in Ha Noi. The greasy of fried spring rolls, the sweet-and-sour sauce and the toughness of noodles make a great impression on you since the first time. No surprisingly that you will drop in a place to enjoy the dish in the second or the third time like real Hanoians. Try it if you see it.
- What are included: noodles, spring rolls, sauce.
- What are servered accompanying : vegetables such as been sprouts, fresh herbs.
- Where to eat:
1) Dinh cong
– Address: Opposing KFC Dinh Cong street, Hoang Mai, HA Noi
– Reviews: I love this place because of both cheap price and good taste of the dish. I will come back here when the next time I visit Viet Nam and Ha Noi.
– Opening time: 9h AM- 9h PM
– Price: 15.000- 35.000 VND
2) Hang Cot
– Address: 36th Hang Cot, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: the place has been highly recommended by customers on its location, price, dish quality and serving attitude.
– Opening time: 6h30 am – 9h30am
– Price : 30.000-40.000
STEAMED PORK WRAPS (BANH CUON)
- About: the dish is local delicacy in Ha Noi despite many regions in Viet Nam sell it. It can be said that steamed pork wraps in Ha Noi is the best. Its distinguish taste is not like any taste of any dishes in Ha Noi or in the world. Furthermore, I suppose that no one can deny trying a colorful and skillfully made dish like it. Try it and while waiting for being served, taking notice around because I may sitting next to you.
- What are included: pork, mushroom filling wrapped in freshly steamed rice paper. After that, chiefs top banh cuon with crunchy fried shallots.
- What are servered accompanying: fish sauce, chili sauce and fresh herbs.
- Where to eat:
1) Thanh Van.
– Address: 12th -14th Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
– Phone number: 0438.280.108
– Reviews: in Tripadvisor, people laid great store upon it.
A foreigner- John said “I was so surprised when I saw many people eating there at 10 am. They don’t have to work or the dish is too attracting? I am not sure.”
– Opening time: 6h3-9hpm
– Price: 15.000-28.000
– Address: 66th To Hien Thanh, Hai ba Trung, HA noi.
– Reviews: charice “the first time I saw it, I said “oh my god, is it eatable?”. It is very strange to me. Nevertheless, after that, I ate the dish every morning during my period of time in Ha Noi. I wish I could cook it for my family.”
– Opening time: 6:30 am -10 pm
– Price: 30.000 VND- 60.000 VND
VIETNAMESE SANWICH (banh mi)-VIETNAMES ICONIC OF WHAT TO EAT IN VIETNAM
About: you have a habit of eating sandwich but you are afraid of not finding it in Viet Nam? You don’t need to order a sandwich in your country and wait for it transferred to Viet Nam (if you can) because in Ha Noi, Vietnamese sandwich is an ideal alternation for you. From my point of view, Vietnamese sandwich is one of the most ingenious France-meets- Asia creations ever!
What is included: a fluffy baguette is full of many kinds of elements such as pate, cold cuts, cucumber and picked daikon and carrots.
What are servered accompanying : in Ha Noi, this sandwich is served with hot sauce and mayo drizzled on top?
Where to eat:
1) Pho co (the old quarter)
– Address: 38th Dinh Liet, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: you may be simplicity of the place but it has existed for a long time. Its dish- Vietnamese sandwich is favored by many people. Especially, all of elements used are made by owners
– Price: 20.000- 25.000
– Address: 34th LO Su, Hoan Kiem HA Noi.
– Reviews: it has been existed since 1979 so it is one of the most long life places in Ha Noi. Even though the country has changed a lot since that time, the dish’ taste in the place is still kept. Thus, it comes as no surprise to me that the place is always crowed.
– Opening time: 6h am- 9h pm
– Price: 15.000-25.000
STICKY RICE ( xoi deo)- TRADITIONAL FOOD OF WHAT TO EAT IN HANOI
About: Vietnamese have habit of eating rice in all of their dishes. Sticky rice is a different kind of rice that it the one of the most popular dish in Ha Noi.
What are included: sticky rice with various toppings. Differ from your first imagination of it, it does not come plain. Grilled pork, ground meat and eggs are dispensable elements.
What are servered accompanying: sliced cucumbers.
Where to eat:
1) Xoi Yen
– Address: 35B- the corner of main street Nguyen Huu Huan and Hang Mam, Hoan Kiem Ha Noi.
– Reviews: Hana “I thought rice is not my favorite before but when I ate the dish, I changed my mind. It is very good.”
– Opening time: 5 am – 1 am
– Price: 35.000- 44.000
2) Yen Ninh
– Address 98th Yen Ninh, Hang Bun, Ba DInh, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: “the bowl of sticky rice very big but I can not leave any thing because it is delicious”
– Opening time: 9h am -9h pm
– Price: 30.000- 60.000
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
About: traditional pho in Ha Noi is so famous that I think I don’t need to comment any things. Chicken pho is one of two the most popular kinds of pho in Ha Noi.
What are included: chicken meat, broth, noodles and seasonings.
What are servered accompanying : lemon, herbs.
Where to eat:
1) Tu Lun
– Address: 5th Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: I cannot explain why I love the place but the taste is vey wonderful. I am sure there is any where which has a more delicious dish than this place.
– Price: 20.000- 28.000
– Opening time: 06:00 AM – 01:30 PM
03:00 PM – 11:00 P
2) Quan Thanh
– Address 156th Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi.
– Reviews: Kim “ I and my boyfriend came here only one time when we visited Viet Nam 1 years ago but I am still remember the good taste of Pho here.”
– Opening time: 06:30 AM – 11:00 AM
– Price: 25.000- 44.000vnd.
GRILLED PORK & VERMICELLI (BUN CHA)
About: visiting ha Noi, bun Cha is the dish you should eat or no one believes that you came here. It reflects our creation of food along with our eating culture so that why in 2016, the President of USA Obama decided to enjoy it in his time in Ha Noi with other members of House of Parliament.
What are included: noodles, pork (there are two kinds of pork: strips of meat and minced pork patties), onion leaves.
What are severed accompanying: fish sauces, herbs.
Where to eat:
1) Huong Lien
– Address: 24th Le van Huu, ha Noi
– Reviews: oh my god, when I knee our President came here; I guessed the dish is very good. Last year, I came Ha Noi and tried it. Wow, I am not wrong.
– Opening time: 9 am -8h pm
– Price: 40.000- 85.000 VND
2) Dac Kim
– Address 1th Hang Manh, Hoang Kiem
– Reviews: although the price is quite high, the quality of dish is equally to your money. “Cha” is made of crab. Besides, the size of the dish is large enough for any stomach regardless how big it is.
– Opening time: 10am -19 Pm
– Price: 50.000-60.000 VND
Why don’t you BOOK food tours in order to discover Hanoi street food tours with us.